Monday, November 21, 2011

This is what I like to find



A really old postcard in very good condition with a lot of detail.  The card dates before 1903 as it has a non divided back.  It's in very good condition except for the photo-corner marks at the top.  I wonder who did that!

The shop sold bonnets, lingerie, sewing accesories and perfume.  Having a look around online, I discovered that this house, which was built in the 14th century, has always been popular with photographers and I've managed to find out the name of the street it is in.  The house is still there today!



3 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

Amazing! I love places like that.

Kath Lockett said...

Gorgeous! I'm still gobsmacked at the sheer centuries of history to be found in Euroipe. Is it still a house now, or a museum or a shop, or ..?

Anji said...

A Lady's Life: I'd love to go into a shop like that, maybe one day I'll visit the building.

Kath: I remember my friend from California couldn't believe how old (and how small) everything was in Europe. I tried looking on oogle Earth and couldn't see exactly what it was now. No doubt it will be a protected building.